[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] smallcpy for h264

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Oct 7 13:21:22 CEST 2006

Hi

On Sat, Oct 07, 2006 at 04:11:28AM +0200, Luca Barbato wrote:
> here a pretty dumb patch that happens to work nicely on my system,
> probably a better solution should be avoding memcpy.

gcc on x86 replaces memcpy(constant) by inlined and fast code IIRC so
anything like the proposed patch needs to be very carefully benchmarked
on x86

additionally due to call overhead compared to inlined double/uint64_t based
copy most of this cannot be faster even if the functions could do the copy
in 0 cpu cycles