[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: version control

Dana Hudes dhudes
Fri Oct 6 17:43:26 CEST 2006

I don't know from GIT. As someone pointed out, when it comes to
client/server revision control systems the two biggies are CVS and SVN.
I don't see any point in beating on the merits of stuff we're not going
to use. If someone wants to put up a public GIT repository for ffmpeg on
their own resources, an announcement of same is appropriate.  I
personally haven't got enough time in my life to learn yet another
system beyond SVN. I've already learned SCCS, RCS, and CVS; its enough.
I wouldn't even look at svn except that it is what is used for this
project already.

discussion of bug tracking system is probably also off-topic since I'm
the one volunteering to run it I get to pick :-). My choice is between
bugzilla and Mantis, and I choose to defer my decision pending an
evaluation in the next week of the latest Mantis.