[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Advocating periodic releases

Dana Hudes dhudes
Fri Oct 6 06:41:33 CEST 2006

I am willing to give a go at project managing ffmpeg and doing releases.
Somewhere along the way, I hope to also be able to make Solaris SPARC
(sorry, I don't have any x86 Solaris systems) packages available. Part
of the release thing is not only making sure that the thing builds and
passes its regression tests but I'd really appreciate help on the QA
side in assessing the adequacy of the tests. I can, I think, get some
automated code-coverage metrics measuring tools going (if this were
Perl, I'd know exactly where to go for them but its been a while since I
did such on C code).

I think we need a separate discussion list for the release / test issues
so that interested parties are not flooded with discussions of patches.
I would ask that any developer contributing actual code participate in
the release discussion somewhat.

As for the vehicle for all this, sourceforge would seem the right place.