[Ffmpeg-devel] Latest SVN FFmpeg doesn't compile using GCC 2.96 under Redhat 7.3

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Oct 5 01:06:17 CEST 2006

Hi

On Sat, Sep 30, 2006 at 08:03:44AM +0800, Pixelib Team wrote:
> First of all, FFmpeg 0.4.9 pre1 has ever been compiled using GCC
> 2.96successfully at Redhat
> 7.3 even though there were lots of warning messages.
>
> Recently, I have been trying to compile the latest svn version of FFmpeg
> couples of weeks, unfortunately, after showing lots of warning messages, the
> compile process did hang there and nothing happened again.
>
> any idea ?

* 0.4.9pre1 is not supported, only svn is
* gcc 2.96 is not supported never was and never will be, its only one thing
  and that is broken
* if your compiler has a internal compiler error, hangs, causes OOM or such
  thats a compiler bug and these dont belong here send them to the
  spot for compiler bugs (see your compilers docs for that)