[Ffmpeg-devel] PATCH: H264 YUVJ420P

elupus elupus
Wed Oct 4 14:50:11 CEST 2006

Hi,

I started diagnosing some color error on some h264 files in XBMC after some
reports from users (very minor). Then I came across two features in h264,
one that it can contain full range YUV values (jpeg style). Also that it
contains the coefficients that should be used for yuv->rgb conversions.

Here is a small patch, currently just a RFC as it's not complete for the
conversion coefficients.

What whould the the best way of getting the matrix_coefficients out from the
decoder? Probably extending the avcodec structure, adding at the end to keep
binary compatibility? If there is a chance for such a patch to get applied,
i'll extend it to handle mpeg12 too. If so, should I let through the
transfer_characteristics colour_primaries too then? They are less usefull
normally thou.

/Joakim