[Ffmpeg-devel] Undefined reference to mpegts_parse_open/close/packet

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik
Mon Oct 2 16:32:57 CEST 2006

On Monday, 02 October 2006 at 16:15, Unga wrote:
> --- Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> > > First I disable *all* encoders, decoders, muxers,
> > > demuxers and parsers. After that I enable
> > > encoders, decoders, muxers, etc. for open codecs.
> >
> > What are "open codecs"?
> >
> > > Isn't this the right way?
> >
> > I repeat:
> >
> >   If you wish to get rid of patented codecs, the solution
> >   is to disable *all*, not enable a few select ones.
> >
> > Notice the word "all".
>
> What I want to enable are following:
> 1. oggvorbis
> 2. flac
> 3. mjpeg
> 4. png
> 5. ppm
> 6. pgmyuv
> 7. huffyuv
> 8. ffvhuff
> 9. ffv1
> 10. dvvideo
> 11. rawvideo
> 12. pcm
>
> There are over 40 can be selected.

What makes you think there are no patents covering the above codecs?

> I'm bit confused now. You are telling me disable
> *all*.
> The --disable-encoders --disable-decoders
> --disable-muxers --disable-demuxers --disable-parsers
> does that. So how to enable what I want after that?
> Are you telling me what I want ONLY cannot be enabled,
> I have to enable what I do not want too?

There are no useful codecs not covered by patents. That's why
Diego said *all*.

Regards,
R.

--