[Ffmpeg-devel] overall license review - adding proper license headers

Diego Biurrun diego
Mon Oct 2 15:38:51 CEST 2006

Just when you thought you were safe from this ;)

On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 04:13:47PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> [...]

Now that all files carry license headers, I have one final thing I wish
to accomplish: Currently all our files carry the boilerplate LGPL
license header, which reads "This library ...".  I'd like to replace
"This library" with "FFmpeg", which is a bit more descriptive, and add
one line that says "This file is part of FFmpeg.".

It also removes a source of confusion, I've talked to somebody on IRC
who was unsure if the licensing terms applied to ffmpeg.c, since it's
not strictly speaking a library.

As a sidenote, this is even recommended in the (L)GPL HOWTO:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html

As I expect neither resistance nor much interest in this, I'll go ahead
with the change by the end of the week.

Diego