[Ffmpeg-devel] question: wmv3 codec image "drifts"

Ryan Martell rdm4
Wed Nov 29 16:51:29 CET 2006

On Nov 29, 2006, at 3:05 AM, Benjamin Larsson wrote:

> Ryan Martell skrev:
>> Hi--
>> So I'm working on some mms streaming stuff.
>> When I stream a file from an asx file, that's not live (but
>> streamed via mms), it looks great.
>> When I play a live stream that's been encoded by the WM9 encoder,
>> there is a weird "drift" effect.  The I frames look great, and
>> then after that, the changes seem to drift.  The colors then get
>> out of whack slowly until the next I frame.
>> Has anyone seen this before (in a non-streaming solution?)?  I
>> know I'm out on the bleeding edge with this, but thought someone
>> might have an idea.  Are there known limitations to the wmv3
>> decoder (options that I can disable on the encoder side?)
>> I don't really know enough about the codec to intelligently figure
>> out what it's doing.
>> Thanks,
>> -Ryan
>
> Can you provide a sample?

Not sure; I'll see if i can use ffmpeg to convert it from a streaming
to a wmv, and if that works, i'll see if it has the same problem.

The other option would be to get all the mms code in, and post the
streaming url, but there's lots of code and it always takes awhile to
get it all approved.

Thanks!
-R