[Ffmpeg-devel] av_parser get frame duration

Julian Scheel julian
Wed Nov 22 18:33:49 CET 2006

Hi,

as I posted earlier, I am working on integration av_parser-code into xine, to
make it able to play ts-streams with ffmpeg.
So far I managed to restructure the ffmpeg-plugin to not use own buffering
code, but use av_parser_parse and when this finds a frame, do
avcodec_decode_video and pass it to xines output-engine.
Now xine drops many frames, because it claims they would be too old, but
actually they aren't. Now I tried to set a fixed value for the frame duration
(xine uses that in addition to the pts-data for sync, if available) and the
behaviour is much better, though not perfect, probably, because the value did
not exactly fit the stream.

Now my question is: Is there a way to get the frame-duration from some of the
parsing functions? - That would probably fix my issue.

Thanks,
Julian