[Ffmpeg-devel] Simpler Patch to bring AC3 encoder output up to input level

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Nov 22 02:03:58 CET 2006

Hi

On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 02:36:54PM -0800, Bill O'Shaughnessy wrote:
> Hello all,
>  After some inputs, the overflow protection of using 32bit multiplies
> is not necessary and a simpler patch does work to bring ac3 output up
> to the exact level of the input.  I have tested this on a wave file
> normalized
> to the maximum of 16 bits.  It does work and the output is at the
> exact level of the input.
>
> Good Luck,
>  Bill O.
>
> Here is the Patch

ok, after looking at ac3enc.c a little iam fine with this but first your
patch looks mangled try attaching it and second you forgot to update the
regression test checksums (this should change a few)