[Ffmpeg-devel] Last jpeg patch to support multiple-scan JPEGs

Diego Biurrun diego
Tue Nov 21 11:11:23 CET 2006

On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 10:15:44AM +0100, Cyril Russo wrote:

> Anyway, Michael trust your code more than mine because it's "only
> removing 6 lines and changing 2" whatever the "non-standard" state of
> your decoding.
>
> What I'm concluding, is that you prefer a "minimal dirty hack" to modify
> less possible code, even if you know that it will not work in the future
> (because it is not compliant) than making the "big" (my code adds 34
> real lines of debugged code, but will be faster because of only 1 test)
> change to be compliant to any possible JPEG.

Easy.  This is not personal.  Everybody around here wants to have the
correct solution.  But right now FFmpeg seems to be able to decode all
files that we know of (maybe more by accident than by design, but it
works).

So if you want to see your patch merged, do the following: Resend your
patch in a new thread with an explanation of why it is an improvement
(the current thread is so crowded with different patches that I think
everybody lost track already) and provide us with a sample that
illustrates the problem.

Diego