[Ffmpeg-devel] [BUG] Interlaced DCT Compare Crashing

Brian Brice bbrice
Tue Nov 21 03:32:12 CET 2006

Hello.

I am testing alternative interlaced DCT compare functions and I seem to
be running into problems.  This is the command line I am using:

./ffmpeg-nt -i ShortDV.avi -f vob -vcodec mpeg2video -b 7M -minrate 7M
-maxrate 7M -bufsize 224KiB -g 12 -bf 2 -s ntsc -r ntsc -acodec mp2 -ab
128K -ar 48000 -flags ildct -v 0 -ildctcmp sad -y out.mpg

Setting ildctcmp to {sad,sse,rd,dct,nsse,dctmax,chroma} seems to cause a
crash within ffmpeg.  I've narrowed it down to the point it crashes, and
it seems to be due to dereferencing a NULL pointer.  Based on current
SVN, this occurs in libavcodec/mpegvideo.c, line 4387.  From what I can
tell, these types of ildctcmp functions do not fill in the 5th element
of their cmp_func array in dsputils.  Is adding the
CODEC_FLAG_INTERLACED_DCT not suppose to be used with these compare
functions?

--
Brian Brice