[Ffmpeg-devel] Last jpeg patch to support multiple-scan JPEGs

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Nov 20 18:13:04 CET 2006

Hi

On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 02:26:34PM +0100, Cyril Russo wrote:
> Hi,
>

> >> Worse, the patch from Kostya doesn't solve the multiple scan JPEG
> >> decoding errors as (s)he pretends. The problem is fully unrelated.
> >> Interleaved JPEG != Progressive JPEG != Multiple scan JPEG
> >
> >   kostya posted a second patch which adds Multiple scan JPEG sipport
> >   by removing 6 lines and chagning 2, while yours duplicates a whole
>   function (which btw ive complained about in my review and you ignored
> >   it)
>
> No, it's wrong. Kostya's patch doesn't add multiple scan JPEG support.
> He (I make the assumption he is a male)
> added progressive support. There is a big difference with multiple scan
> support.

kostya did send 2 patches one for progressive and one for multiple scan
jpeg

> Again, try to decode the JPEG I've posted before with kostya version, it
> will fail.

kostya said it works so ill trust him considering that you seem to be
a little confused about which patch i speak off