[Ffmpeg-devel] qprd and frames being stuck at high quants

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Mon Nov 20 11:17:22 CET 2006

Hi

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Sat, Nov 18, 2006 at 05:13:03PM +0100, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>>> Hi

>>> [...]
>>>
>> Here I think there is a problem:
>>
>> sample: test_motion_est.avi on mplayerhq.
>>
>> ffmpeg -y -i test_motion_est.avi -b 15000k -flags +qprd -flags2 +ivlc
>> -bf 2 -mbd rd -mblmin 1 -lmin 1 test.m2v
>>
>> Many frames have q as 4 and some frames bump to 60 for all macroblocks
>
> should be fixed

It seems better yes, however I notice a lower granularity with latest
svn, on I/P frames with the same sample (q values on previous svn were
kinda illustrating picture content with -debug 16). Dunno if it's
relevant though.

Infinite loop bug in CBR is still present.

SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312