[Ffmpeg-devel] H.261 RTP streaming

Rahul A. Jadhav rahul
Sat Nov 18 18:43:43 CET 2006

Hi all,

I m trying to put in some open work for video streaming based on H.261
and RFC 4587.

I m using ffmpeg's rtp_callback mechanism where my assumptions are:
1.   by setting rtp_payload_size to 800 rtp_callback at any point of
time would receive a packet size of anything less than 1500bytes to
fulfill MTU limitation.
       I ve tested out above thing and it seems it works because it does
splits the video frame on the  boundary of 800B +/- 200B
2.   libavcodec internally splits the video frame and passes the 'data'
to rtp_callback on the GOB boundaries only (I really dont know if this
is true and dont know how to verify this).
       I had read somewhere on some mailing list that the rtp_callback
is called on GOB boundaries for H263 and i assumed that would be true
even for H261.
3.   Is there any sample implementation where the initial two bytes
(which contains sbit,ebit,I,V,gobn,mbap,hmvd,vmvd....etc) are set based
on ffmpeg's rtp_callback output.

Any help/clues/links would be highly appreciated.

--
Rahul A. Jadhav
Manager-User Applications Group, NetYantra India Pvt. Ltd.