[Ffmpeg-devel] Update licenses in swscale headers

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Thu Nov 16 15:06:52 CET 2006

Hi Guillaume,

On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 14:42 +0100, Guillaume Poirier wrote:
[...]
> > since I received the agreement of all the libswscale authors, excepted
> > the yuv2rgb* ones, I think we can officialy state that the non-SIMD code
> > of rgb2rgb* and swscale* is LGPLed.
>
> Did the yuv2rgb* authors said that they didn't want their code to be
> LGPLed, or did you just receive no answer?
I did not hear anything from anyone of them: most of the email bounced
(invalid email addresses), and someone did not answer. I am currently
trying to understand how to replace the tables and code that we need
from yuv2rgb.c... But I'll also try to search for updated email
addresses of the authors.

[...]
> > The proposed patch is attached to this email. I hope I did not overlook
> > anything...
>
> Can't the licence of the LGPL parts be put in a separate file with a
> LGPL header (same for the GPL parts)?
> That would make it a lot clearer what's (L)GPL and what is not...
I just followed what Michael did (that obviously is the simplest
thing :), but I am ok with other solutions, such as splitting the GPLed
and LGPLed parts in different files, if possible (I'll look at this in
the next days).

For the moment, I was just trying to reassure those who are worried
about the licensing issues.

			Thanks,
				Luca