[Ffmpeg-devel] moving non-SIMD parts of libswscale to LGPL

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Mon Nov 13 15:00:16 CET 2006

Hi Michel,

On Mon, 2006-11-13 at 11:39 +0100, Michel Bardiaux wrote:
> Luca Abeni wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > a good number of swscale authors agreed to relicense the non-SIMD parts
> > as LGPL
>
> What are the plans for the SIMD parts?
I have no particular plans for the SIMD code...
Some of the authors (but only some) said that they are ok with
relicensing the SIMD parts too. But I am not going to look at that... I
am already having too much fun with the non-SIMD code :)

If someone else wants to look at getting the permissions to relicense
the SIMD parts, he is free to do so... But I'll not do it.

				Luca