[Ffmpeg-devel] Externally visible symbols without ff or av prefix

Aurelien Jacobs aurel
Sun Nov 12 03:02:59 CET 2006

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 02:45:19 +0100
Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 09:32:22PM +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> > There are quite a few symbols in libav* without an ff or av prefix.
> > Should we be doing something about that?
>
> for the ones which arent used outside ff* just rename them whenever
> you want

IMO, for those one (ie. the one which are not part of public API),
the problem is not their name, but the fact that they are visible
externally.
I don't think renaming them is a so good idea. Making them invisible
seems to be a better idea (using the visibility attribute ?).

Aurel