[Ffmpeg-devel] a little optim for a SSE version of H263_LOOP_FILTER

skal skal65535
Tue Nov 7 16:08:43 CET 2006

  Hi everybody, sorry for the delay

> Message du 06/11/06 14:48
> Objet : Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] a little optim for a SSE version of	H263_LOOP_FILTER
[...]
> > > Please send patch, I'll try to benchmark the speed change.
> > >
> > > Note that movq is very slow on P4, so any code that removes
> > > mov(q|dqu|..) provides an interesting speed-up.

> > > Once I have a patch to play with, I can benchmark it on P4, PM, and K8... :)
> >
> >    sure, attached is the diff (test only!)
>
> Mmm.. I thought it would be slightly more complicated since you said
> "+maybe a little re-org of the loop (mm3 is gone)."
>
> Ok, I've tried your patch.Regression tests pass, however, I have
> trouble testing your patch behond that. I lack a sample with proper
> inloop filter it seems.
> I've tried this sample
> http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/V-codecs/h263/100374.mov and a couple of
> others, whithout any luck...
> Maybe I'm not benchmarking the relevant parts of the inloop filter
> (see attachemnt to see what I was benchmarking)?
> Or could you provide a sample to run my benches?

   You can try:

ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/samples/FLV/flv1.1/sheep_MM_FLV1.1.flv

   which is using h263's in-loop deblocking iirc.

   And yes, h263 isn't that uncommon if you think of it as
   flv1 ~= h263 = YouTube

   ahem..

Skal