[Ffmpeg-devel] 4XM audio codec_tag

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sun Nov 5 20:41:30 CET 2006

Hello,
On Sun, Nov 05, 2006 at 07:05:21PM +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> The tables in riff.c should only be used by RIFF based formats (AVI
> and WAV) and formats that by definition use the same ID codes.  The
> latter are things like OGM (RIFF headers in Ogg stream) and Matroska
> (can contain RIFF headers as extradata).  Any other use of those
> tables is invalid.

RIFF based format do not "use" tables since they are data an thus have
not the ability to "do" anything at all besides exist.
The best I can make of this criteria is that, except for the audio fourccs,
there is no reason not to include any of them here, because as soon as we
add them to MPlayer they are used in AVI.

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger