[Ffmpeg-devel] CODEC_CAP_DELAY for decoders

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Nov 5 19:26:51 CET 2006

Hi

On Sun, Nov 05, 2006 at 06:06:25PM +0100, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > On Sun, Nov 05, 2006 at 04:46:06PM +0100, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Does this use of CODEC_CAP_DELAY is right for decoders ?
> >> It will continue to decode buffer, and so decode animated gif.
> >>
> >> I noticed a problem though, ffmpeg will not try decode more that one
> >> time after getting last pkt, it should continue until decode_video
> >> returns -1, no ?
> >
> > no
> > it should decode until data_size is 0 (=no further picture is output)
> >
> > [...]
>
> Humm, decode_video in output_packet check for got_picture_ptr, and also
> always set len to 0 ?
>
> Wouldn't that be len -= ret ? Assuming decode_video returns consumed bytes ?

no, len=0 is ok

if a decoder consumes less then the whole packet then something is wrong
that might be just harmless padding at the end or a problem with the
AVParser or demuxer which puted more then one frame in a AVPacket