[Ffmpeg-devel] HDTV h264 autodetection

matthieu castet castet.matthieu
Sat Nov 4 19:40:45 CET 2006

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> matthieu castet <castet.matthieu at free.fr> writes:
>

> This has nothing to do with HD or not.  A transport stream without PMT
> is *invalid*, and anything that creates such things is broken.  The
> tools in question were always broken, but it has become more apparent
> with HDTV as H.264 is commonly used there.

For the record, mplayer is one of them : it only open the dvb device for
video pids,audio pids and PAT (pid 0). Not for PMT pids.

The problem I see is that this break some layer separation : dvb stream
code need to know the pids to open on the device, but these pids are
know in a upper layer that does the PAT/PMT parsing : the ts demuxer.

Matthieu