[Ffmpeg-devel] Call for volunteers to write NUT de/muxer for libavformat

Rich Felker dalias
Thu Nov 2 20:57:22 CET 2006

On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 11:52:50PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 02:33:34PM -0800, Mike Melanson wrote:
> > Oded Shimon wrote:
> > >What does Hachoir mean? And what do you mean by standalone parser? libnut
> > >is already a standalone demuxer. A de/muxer for libavformat is necessary.
> >
> > Check hachoir.org -- a neat framework for parsing file formats for
> > studying and other purposes.
> >
> > >Make them yourself from either ogg vorbis files or mpeg-4+mp3+avi files
> > >using nutmerge - svn co svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/nut/
> >
> > Is it too much to ask for you to mux some simple sample files and make
> > them available on samples.mplayerhq.hu? They must have several megabytes
> > free for this type of thing. I get a lot more interested in new formats
> > when I can study actual samples. And I'm extremely lazy and hate making
> > my own samples.
>
> i fully agree, we should have some nut samples
> someone (not me iam lazy) should mux some free video and audio into nut
> (or just grab a camera and film something funny like what happens with
> an egg in the microwave or something else where AV synch can be seen)

Yes, a couple small issues tho:
- Oded needs to fix nutmerge to use correct fourcc for mp3, not twocc
crap. :)
- It's possible that we could find implementation bugs causing samples
not to be strictly valid. I wonder if it would be too hard to make
'nutlint' to test samples before we bless them as official..?

Rich