[Ffmpeg-devel] Programmatically copying a video stream

Joel Reymont joelr1
Thu Nov 2 14:11:07 CET 2006

Folks,

This may seem like a silly exercise but how to I programmatically
copy an input video stream to output? I'm trying to emulate what
ffmpeg does with the "copy" codec. Basically, I'm trying to overlay a
new audio stream on top of existing video.

I thought I would just need to copy the settings from the codec
context of the input video stream to the same of the output video
stream and then av_read_frame(in, &pkt), immediately followed by
av_write_frame(out, &pkt).

I get "error, non monotone timestamps 47351 >= 47351" after writing
the second frame, though.

What am I doing wrong?

	Thanks, Joel

--