[Ffmpeg-devel] FLAC encoder

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Sun May 28 10:35:48 CEST 2006

Justin Ruggles wrote:

> Are you referring to the WAV decoder or is there something in the FLAC
> code that has endian issues?

what I've fount so far

flake.c:130

nr = wavfile_read_samples(wf, wav, s->block_size); <- the samples aren't
							swapped.
    while(nr > 0) {
        s->block_size = nr;
        fs = flake_encode_frame(s, frame, wav); <- it just copies it
						    from 16 to 32 bit
							arrays.
Not sure if you put a le2me_16 in a place I didn't find but
wavfile_read_samples doesn't look good.

wav.c:110

    return fread(buffer, wf->blocksize, samples, wf->fp);

Did I miss something? on little endian it nears wavpack as compression
(when you use long samples) btw, definitely a quite good result.

lu

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC