[Ffmpeg-devel] New or not supported codec in avi

Benjamin Larsson banan
Sat May 27 13:12:20 CEST 2006

Louise Hoffman wrote:

>> Aww, for crying out loud. Did every single one of the 50 or so platform
>> ports of the Myst game actually use different multimedia formats? It's
>> starting to look that way. I could write a book just on the Myst
>> formats.
>

> It could be interesting to found out why they did that =)
>
> Perhaps they didn't want anyone to be able to play the sound?
>
>> Thanks for the data. I collect game-related multimedia formats.
>

> You are welcome =)
>
> Kisses,
> Louise

The reson Myst uses lots of diffrent formats is because Cryo used some
kind of non portable script tool for the first game. So all porters had
to reimplement the engine and with that the media formats.

Info about that and other stuff can be read about here:
http://www.mhd.miun.se/~rutgers/cb/clickboom.txt

MvH
Benjamin Larsson

--
"incorrect information" is an oxymoron. Information is, by definition, factual, correct.