[Ffmpeg-devel] Does ffplay work with VLC ?

François Revol revol
Fri May 26 17:52:20 CEST 2006

> With ffplay I try to play rtsp and http streams from a VLC 0.8.4a
> server.
> I can't make it work. Has anyone got it to work?
>
> I should add that I'm trying it from Windowz ... blush.
> I compiled ffplay with MingW and applied the network patch from
> Michael Kohn posted here on 3. Apr
> While I'm at it. Did anyone manage to build ffserver with MingW ?

There is currently a bug in the client rtsp code in ffmpeg that makes
it stop after 30s or so, as it doesn't send Receiver Reports.
It is being investigated.
But either way you should still be able to connect and see something
for a second at least.

Fran?ois.