[Ffmpeg-devel] How to get pointer to MpegEncContext structure from AVCodec / AVCodecContext

Gary Pearman gpearman
Wed May 17 18:18:51 CEST 2006

I want ffmpeg to decode MPEG4 data into my own pre-allocated buffers.
Also, I need access to the last and next pictures contained within the
MpegEncContext structure, or I need them to be placed in buffers
allocated by me, not by the codec.

Basically I want to avoid using memcpy() to move the decoded frames
(including the next/prev frames) from one set of buffers to another.

Cheers,
Gaz.