[Ffmpeg-devel] Gray Scale decoding of MPEG4 dataanddebugginglibavcodec

Matt Schuckmann mschuck
Wed May 17 00:47:03 CEST 2006

> > It looks like the addition of the version number to the shared library
file
> > names (i.e. avcodec.dll.51) messes with the Microsoft linker. The only
way I
> > could get MSVC to link with the shared libraries was to do away with the
> > SLIBNAME_WITH_MAJOR target in common.mak and restore it to the way it
was in
> > rev 1.267 of common.mak, then link would create the lib file for the dll
and
> > everything played nice.

> Please try the attached patch.

The patch appears to work, thank you. Although, I think it might be better
to produce avcodec_51.dll instead of avcodec.51.dll

And yes in the *nix world they often put version numbers in the library file
names but they also commonly use links to create an un-versioned file name
to link against, a good example of this is the boost library, who by the way
in there windows build produce un-versioned copies of the libraries as well
as the versioned ones.

Matt S.