[Ffmpeg-devel] Building Libavcodec for ARM processors

Nick Vaughan n.vaughan
Thu May 11 09:46:23 CEST 2006

> I configure the make by './configure --enable-shared
> --disable-static --enable-memalign-hack --enable-mingwce
> --cpu=armv4l --disable-mmx'.  But when trying to MAKE, I get
> several ASSEMBLER error messages.  Most of them saying 'no
> such instruction'.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

Hi there, I have also been attempting to build ffmpeg using arm-wince-pe
cross-compiler and have managed to build static libraries - however as
these are dependent on GNU headers and libraries - and there's no MINGW
for CE - I've put it on the back-burner.

What is your build environment?

As an alternative you could look at either the VLC project
www.videolan.org/vlc or The Core Pocket Media Player (TCPMP)
http://tcpmp.corecodec.org/about both of which use FFMPEG and provide
source code for their modifications.

I'd be interested in hearing whether you manage to get this running or
not. I'm currently also looking into the Intel IPP libraries as they
provide a barebones MPEG4 decoder for the xscale/wince platform.

Good luck,

Nick