[Ffmpeg-devel] Increasing Audio Buffer Size

Benjamin Larsson banan
Wed May 10 00:42:30 CEST 2006

Michael Niedermayer wrote:

>Hi
>
>On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 12:05:03PM -0700, Mike Melanson wrote:
>

>>Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>>

>>>thats certainly a possibility, if its better i dont know, what i do know
>>>is it will be more work and possibly more complicated code ...
>>>we would need AVFrame, AFrame, VFrame later 2 would be "subclasses"
>>>of AVFrames (= their first fields match the ones from AVFrame)
>>>

>>Subclasses, subclasses... ah, so what you're saying is we need to
>>rewrite FFmpeg entirely in C++. We should have made that an SoC project
>>idea, if only for chuckles. :)
>>

>you dont need C++ for subclasses, look at AVFrame and AVPicture
>

>[...]
This new api, can it handle sample depths other then 16bit also.
Eventually we need support for 24bits etc and afaik ffmpeg currently
only handles 16bit audio. At least all codecs output 16bits ints.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson

--
"incorrect information" is an oxymoron. Information is, by definition, factual, correct.