[Ffmpeg-devel] Increasing Audio Buffer Size

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue May 9 10:00:40 CEST 2006

Hi

On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 04:56:54PM -0700, Mike Melanson wrote:
> Hi,
> 	The size of the audio buffer appears to be a purely pragmatic
> 	matter, i.e., it's as large as needed, dictated by real world needs. It
> used to be 128K. Alex needed it bumped to 192K. Now we have another fringe
> format that requires 294K in its most extreme case. I plan to raise the
> buffer size to ~300K if there are no serious objections.

and tomorrow yet another format will need 500k, no this is not ok, fix the
code, so that get/release_buffer() is used by the audio codecs to alloc
the buffer, and no a codec internal buffer which chops it below 192k is not
ok either, actually thats a even worse hack

Michael