[Ffmpeg-devel] Buffering audio data in case of overflow

Mike Melanson mike
Sat May 6 18:07:17 CEST 2006

Cyril Zorin wrote:
>> Does the first decoded audio frame contain more than 192000 bytes
>> (AVCODEC_MAX_AUDIO_FRAME_SIZE) in total? That can handle more than  2
>> seconds of CD-
>
> Yes, at least the stereo streams. A common "first audio frame"  payload
> is about 294,000 bytes (for both channels).

Okay, this is why I referred Cyril to the list, team. I remember a
similar situation came up when Alex implemented TTA some time ago. What
is the policy? We just increase the audio buffer size as needed when a
new format comes up which requires it?

--
	-Mike Melanson