[Ffmpeg-devel] Verifying Encode

David Thompson David.Thompson
Fri May 5 12:44:39 CEST 2006

Hello:

I have set up an automated tool using ffmpeg to encode 3gp mobile videos.

This tool is working very well for the most part, but every so often, ffmpeg generates a 3gp video with a corrupted video file.  This has happened when encoding 3gps using the H263 as well as the  the MPEG4 video codec.

I am wondering if there is any way to verify whether a video has encoded properly without having someone open up and play the video?

Basically when a video file is corrupt, the audio sounds fine, but the video is a huge rainbow smudge of colours although ffmpeg-php seems to correctly reports the videos codecs, bitrates, etc....

Cheers,