[Ffmpeg-devel] [Linuxtag] Logo needed

Justin Ruggles jruggle
Wed May 3 05:35:51 CEST 2006

Alex Beregszaszi wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>>How about this? I borrowed some ideas too :) I simplified the
>>>zig-zag patern  and made it all more solid imho. I am no graphics
>>>artist, so flame away :)
>>
>>I like it! I do have one suggestion though. If I recall, the name
>>FFmpeg is supposed to have the F's capital and the 'mpeg' lowercase.
>>Your design doesn't lend itself to using lowercase, but maybe small
>>caps would still convey the idea well enough.
>>
>>Something along the lines of the attached image.
>

> Can we vote for choosing this (or the previous one) as the official
> logo?
>
> Btw, I would leave the fastforward icon out and use only one font-size,
> thus making the zig-zag a definitive recognizable sign of ffmpeg :)

I was actually re-thinking about this the other day.  I agree with the
one-logo idea. Only I think the zig-zag should be reworked. I don't like
that the points stick out.  It throws the balance off...makes it almost
hard to look at.  I'll see if I can play around with it.  I guess the
font size isn't a big deal.

After writing that 1st paragraph, I found a version of the zig-zag I
like, so I'll attach it.  I don't like my font at all though...I would
dig through my font collection, but I really like the one that Ivo used
in the original design of this logo.  What font is that?  I'm using
Sodipodi for SVG creation, and it won't open eps or fig or I would just
copy it in.  Anyone know a good PS->SVG converter or a program that can
read/write either...besides having to shell out the $ for an
Adobe/Macromedia product?

-Justin