[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: [BUG] vorbis 5.1 sound distorsion

Baptiste COUDURIER baptiste.coudurier
Tue May 2 21:00:31 CEST 2006

Hi

Balatoni Denes wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Sorry I am a lamer, but how can I play it (or preferably get the vorbis stream
> out of this) - ffmpeg says:
>
> Resampling with input channels greater than 2 unsupported.Can't resample.
> Aborting.
> Abort at ffmpeg.c:1628
> Aborted
>
> and mplayer current won't play the sound. If you played it with ffplay, than
> the sound is distorted because of the 6 channels (sdl probably only supports
> two).
>
> bye
> Denes
>
> h?tf? 01 m?jus 2006 21.15-kor Baptiste COUDURIER ezeket a bolcs gondolatokat
> fogalmazta meg:
>> Hi
>>
>> Using vorbis internal decoder, I get sound distorsion with this sample :
>> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/samples/MPEG-4/vorbis-in-mp4/mi2_vorbis51.m
>> p4
>>
>> It is decoded properly with libvorbis though.

Basically, playing it in mplayer requires some hack in demux_lavf.
Simple way is to transcode it to ac3 with ffmpeg.

If you decode it using libogg, you won't hear any distorsion.

SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312