[Ffmpeg-devel] FFMPEG RTSP for Windows

Rich Felker dalias
Fri Mar 31 07:34:59 CEST 2006

On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 05:29:19PM -0600, Michael A. Kohn wrote:
> > > Anyway, my question is, would you or anyone else like to me make these
> > > changes and resubmit a patch?  or should I just leave this code to myself?
> >
> > Unless you can make it entirely unobtrusive I doubt it will be very
> > welcome. In the long term mingw's direct linking to MSVCRT should be
> > replaced either with a legitimate, correct C library or with wrappers
> > that provide a minimal degree of correct interfaces/semantics (but not
> > a whole bloated emulation environment like cygwin). This is a project
> > in itself of course.
> >
> > Rich
>
> I'm not sure if it's possible then.  Those #includes i #ifdef'd out really
> need to be #ifdef'd.. and a few of those fuctions do have to be treated
> differently... I guess I'll just keep these changes to myself...

How/why? Just add headers with these names which #include the
corresponding mingw headers...

Supporting broken crap is a delicate art. The lazy and unacceptable
way to do it is by polluting the general, portable code with special
cases for all the broken crap. The artful way to do it is by wrapping
the workarounds for the broken crap as close to the broken crap as
possible so that they're invisible unless you read the code that
directly interfaces with the broken crap. :)

Rich

P.S. Yes "broken crap" is a technical term. :)