[Ffmpeg-devel] FFMPEG RTSP for Windows

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml
Tue Mar 28 22:26:24 CEST 2006

Michael A. Kohn wrote:
> Hi again..
>
> It seems like no one wanted to acknowledge my last email.  I guess I'll
> try one more message before giving up.
>
> Anyway, I fixed the problem with RTSP in FFMPEG under Windows.  The
> problem appears to be that the default receive buffer in Windows is quite
> small and therefore drops many UDP packets, especially around what would
> appear to be the time of an IFrame.  Anyway I added these two lines:
>
> tmp=65536;
> t=setsockopt(udp_fd, SOL_SOCKET, SO_RCVBUF, &tmp, sizeof(tmp));

Out of curiosity, what are the relative default buffer sizes for Windows
and Linux (and other OSs, if you know or can redirect me to a web page).

> into udp.c right after the socket is opened and now the RTSP networking
> appears to be the same on both Windows and Linux.
>
> I have patches for adding all the Winsock networking support to FFMPEG.
> If you guys want it let me know... I'd really like to help with this..
> even if it is such a small thing like this...

I don't know anything about Winsock, but go ahead and send patches for
any improvements you make. Send unified diffs: 'diff -Naur' or 'cvs diff
-u'. If they're good changes then the patches ought to be considered.

-Corey