[Ffmpeg-devel] [Ffmpeg-devel-old] Softcut?

Patrick Fischer patrick_fischer
Tue Mar 28 14:06:37 CEST 2006

Hello
Its a long time ago i have postet my last post on this list....

A friend and me talked about mpeg cutting.
We both heard about a way to cut mpeg not at the I-Frame but without
reencode.
Im not sure which is the rigth name of this method.
We call it "softcut". Maybe you can tell me the rigth name.

It works like this

Now I want to cut at this parts

To fake the I-Fameless Cut we want to fill the Frames with "Black
Frames" and cut at the I-Frame

I know there are lots of problems by this way(audio, sync,..), but maybe
you can tell me if there is any projekt(maybe ffmpeg) which can do the job.

Best regards
Patrick