[Ffmpeg-devel] Hmmm interesting...

Erik Slagter erik
Fri Mar 24 22:03:59 CET 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 20:50 +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:

> > Input and output streams can be found here: http://erik.slagter.name/pub
> > - in.vob source, 86 Mb, only start is relevant
> > - out.mp4 result, 15 secs, 2 Mb
>
> I can't see any problems with ffplay or tcvp (using lavf demuxer), not
> even with seeking.
>
> Have you tried -demuxer 35 or whatever the trick is to make mplayer
> use lavf?

The vob has no problems anyway, it's the input. I was talking of the
out.mp4, if that wasn't completely clear.

mplayer -demuxer 35 sort of works, that was to be expected as ffplay
also sort of works. It looks like both don't properly seek, but I'll
have to test with a larger sample.

This means the problem actually is in the mp4 demuxer of mplayer? Still
interesting mplayer plays the gpac muxed stream fine...

> The only problem I noticed was someone singing in Dutch. I didn't know
> that was possible ;-)

I guess it's as possible as in Swedish ;-) Did you really recognise it
as Dutch or was it an educated guess? ;-)

Thanks for investigating!