[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: MP4/MPEG4 decoding issue

Baptiste COUDURIER baptiste.coudurier
Thu Mar 23 23:29:12 CET 2006

Steve Lhomme wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have an MP4 file created using Nero that fails to be decoded by
> FFMPEG (latest CVS in MinGW).
>
> ftp://uleguadv:refulavi at ftp.divxnetworks.com/Nero%20mp4/ntv004.mp4
>
> Symptoms: the container gives a lot of error and the decoded data look
> weird during movements and just freezes after some time.
>
> The file plays fine in VLC (0.8.4a) that uses FFMPEG for the MPEG4
> decoder, so I assume it must come from the container.
>
> Steve

Confirmed. Plays fine in mplayer, vlc. FFPlay says:
[mpeg4 @ 0x84ac1d0]slice end not reached but screenspace end (3728 left
7F211A, score= -54)
[mpeg4 @ 0x84ac1d0]concealing 300 DC, 300 AC, 300 MV errors

Im investigating mp4 demuxer, I have no idea.

SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312