[Ffmpeg-devel] Optimised yuvj420p_to_rgba32

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Thu Mar 23 14:29:09 CET 2006

Hi Michel,

On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 14:03 +0100, Michel Bardiaux wrote:
[...]
> >>Is there a hope of SSE-fying that function? I mean, I dont ask that
> >>anyone do it, just that someone expert in MMX and SSE tells me if it is
> >>*doable* (and worth it).
> >
> > Try to use swscaler with the patches I posted some time ago...
> > I did not test the jpeg colorspace, but some tests converting rescaling
> > and converting between common colorspaces showed that you get a very
> > good speed improvement.
>
> Cant. Guess why? GPL.
Sorry, I cannot do anything about it (I am not the author of swscale).

Anyway, you asked if a SIMD-based conversion was doable, and I told you
how to test if it is... You do not need to look ad swscale code to test
it ;-)

				Luca
                               N O    W A R ! ! !

 Sponsor:
 Telefonare all'estero risparmiando fino all'80%? Con Email.it Phone Card puoi, clicca e scopri tutti i vantaggi
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2683&d=23-3