[Ffmpeg-devel] Capturing support for Windows

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme
Thu Mar 23 14:03:57 CET 2006

qxc at gmx.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as far as I found it out capturing of audio and/or video data only works for
> Linux, there is no support for Solaris or Windows?
>
> If thats true, I think there is a fast solution at least for Windows:
> http://research.edm.luc.ac.be/emiplib/emiplib.html
>
> That library offers support of capturing and replaying of audio data using
> Windows MultiMedia and video capturing support using DirectShow. It is
> licensed under the LGPL so there also should be no problem.
>
> Wouldn't that be a good solution for ffmpeg?

One of the problem is still to indentify the name of the capture Devices
and be able to configure them (select TV channel or input source).

There's a Qt GUI in the DrFFMPEG source package that allows capturing on
Windows using FFMPEG. It has not been added to DrDivX yet. The code is
using DirectShow in C++.

Steve