[Ffmpeg-devel] circular dependency between libavcodecandlibswscale

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Thu Mar 23 09:11:50 CET 2006

Hi Michael,

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 17:43 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
[...]
> > > I can modify mpegvideo.c to use swscale (as suggested by the FIXME :),
> > > but this would leave the circular dependency.
> > >
> > > Any ideas?
> > Looks like I did not think about the really simple idea: linking all the
> > swscale code into libavcodec (so, no libswscale :)
> > Given the current dependencies, maybe this is really the most natural
> > solution.
>
> hmm, i really dont like the dependancy between swscale & lavc
Ok. After thinking about it for one night, I agree with you.

[...]
> a naive solution for the first part seems to be:
> sws_global_init(malloc_ptr, free_ptr, printf_ptr);
Ok, I'll work on this solution. I'll need some time, but I hope to be
able to provide a new patch tomorrow.

Another solution I was thinking about would be to move av_log, av_malloc
& friends to libavutil. So, swscale would only depend on libavutil. But
I failed in getting a similar move accepted some time ago, so maybe this
is not the correct solution.

[...]
> and for the second one, i really think we can avoid swscale completely
> i mean lavc just needs 1/2^n downscaling of 8bit planar data, that can
> easily be done without a swscale dependancy, ill work on the 1/2^n thingy
Good. I was hoping in something like this :)

			Thanks,
				Luca
                               N O    W A R ! ! !

 Sponsor:
 Volo Amsterdam A/R con Opodo a partire da 171? tutto incluso!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=4937&d=23-3