[Ffmpeg-devel] ffmpeg with xvid

LAKSHMI RAJAGOPAL lakshmirgopal
Sat Mar 18 18:14:24 CET 2006

Hi..

  thanks a lot for the reply.. by the way, can u tell me where i am going wrong in encoding video using xvid??

  i tried to force codec to XviD, but its not encoding anything. In the status display, only the time is increasing and the frames are always shown as 0.

This is what i have tried.
 ffmpeg -vd /dev/video0 -vcodec xvid -b 300 -qmin 3 -qmax 5 -bufsize 4096 -s 352*288 -g 300 -ad /dev/dsp -acodec g726 -ar 8000 -ac 1 -ab 32 -aspect 4:3 -f mp4 -y test.mp4

the same works if i give mpeg4 instead of XviD.  It will b very helpful if u can give some suggesions.so far i couldnt find any help regarding this..

  thanks a lot,
  lakshmi

M?ns Rullg?rd <mru at inprovide.com> wrote:
  LAKSHMI RAJAGOPAL writes:

> Dear all,
>
> Can anyone tell me whether FFMPEG supports both encoding & decoding of XviD from camera?? Because when i checked formats, its showing
> EV xvid
>
> Does this mean that it doesnt have Decoder support??

FFmpeg can decode xvid encoded video without external support.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com