[Ffmpeg-devel] Coverity defect scan

Diego Biurrun diego
Tue Mar 14 23:55:20 CET 2006

On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 02:42:54PM -0800, Mike Melanson wrote:
> Diego Biurrun wrote:
> >Well, judging from the commits I'm seeing on mplayer-cvslog, quite a few
> >of them seem to be real bugs.
> >
> >Fixing these defects is also going to be a status thing I guess.  The
> >xine people loudly say how horrible the MPlayer code is at every
> >possible occasion.  Nevertheless their defect rate is considerably
> >higher than ours.
> >
> >I couldn't help but grin ;)
>
> 	Okay, I finally got access to Coverity's xine scan. Does MPlayer's
> scan include any external libraries?

Yes, since we also have imported several external libs into our
codebase.

> As you know, xine chooses to maintain external libraries in its own
> CVS codebase. Out of 343 bugs, 33 come from FFmpeg, 52 from libdvdnav,
> 5 from liba52, 11 from libfaad, 5 in libmad,

I see 1 from liba52, 60 from FFmpeg, 10 from libfaad, 5 from libdvdread,
5 from tremor and 9 from  - TREASON UNCLOAKED - xine.

The xine stuff is in libreal/librtsp.  So maybe you want to register for
MPlayer to look at them, like i did for xine.

Diego