[Ffmpeg-devel] [ bug ] converting png to dv gives solid black

Erik Slagter erik
Tue Mar 14 12:57:43 CET 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 19:32 +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:

> > I was thinking of a digital set top box connected properly using a scart
>
> Do you call scart proper?  No, let the French keep that silly
> invention along with SECAM.  A scart input has pins for some selection
> of RGB, composite and svideo, but never all since they share some
> pins.  If your STB happens to use a different flavor of scart than
> your TV you'll end up with a B/W picture or even worse things.

I just knew someone would comment on this. Actually I mean any RGB
connection means, not especially scart, I'd rather have seperate
connections for each signal.

> > or component cable. No subcarriers applicable then :-) Luckily having an
> > analogue TV set doesn't force you to use legacy technology ;-)
>
> I consider any analog connection a legacy technology.

Yeah, but there's legacy and legacy, you know what I mean!