[Ffmpeg-devel] rtsp problem with ffplay

chris.2.dobbs at bt.com chris.2.dobbs
Mon Mar 13 19:07:16 CET 2006

Hi all,
If anyone is interested, I have finally manged to get ffplay to play an
RTSP AMR-NB stream. My thanks to Luca Barbato for the helpful prods.
Needed to change very little really just allow the sdp parsers for rtp
to understand AMR and deal with it appropriately.

-Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: ffmpeg-devel-bounces at mplayerhq.hu
[mailto:ffmpeg-devel-bounces at mplayerhq.hu] On Behalf Of Luca Barbato
Sent: 08 March 2006 15:38
To: FFMpeg development discussions and patches
Subject: Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] rtsp problem with ffplay

chris.2.dobbs at bt.com wrote:
> Hi Luca,
> Thanks again for info. Sorry to be a pain with this but I feel I am
> getting closer!
>
> I have totally misunderstood the meaning of Dynamic payloads - I
> thought
> 96 was specific for AMR!

Dynamic payload are dynamic, you have explicit mappings in the sdp.

> So am I on the right track thinking I now need to add a entry to the
> AVRtpDynamicPayloadTypes[] array to allow dynamic payload type 96 with

> sdp map data equal to AMR to match this new entry and thus get the
> right codec_id (0x12000 for AMR-NB I think...)

payload type ${Dynamic} and rtpmap AMR/something, 96 is a number like 97
98 ... etc etc etc if the number is higher than a certain value that I
don't remeber right now but that should be present, you just check the
rtpmap and act accordingly.

lu