[Ffmpeg-devel] Coverity defect scan

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sat Mar 11 09:57:28 CET 2006

Hi,
On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 09:10:18AM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 11:43:54PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > calling these bugs or errors stretches the definition by quite a large
> > amount id call them warnings which is what they are, and like the gcc
> > warnings some of them point to actual bugs but most are irrelevant
> > in practice IMHO
>
> Well, judging from the commits I'm seeing on mplayer-cvslog, quite a few
> of them seem to be real bugs.

Well, most of them aren't really relevant, though good to fix in the
spirit of getting cleaner code (though MPlayer is in more need in that
respect).
E.g. the memleaks are practically all at error conditions and thus
unlikely to matter to 99% of all users.
The exception may be demux_real.c, but anyone who had a closer look at
it could tell that it is full of bugs :-(.

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger