[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] wmadec init float to fixedpoint conversion

Benjamin Larsson banan
Wed Mar 8 11:13:18 CET 2006

Rich Felker wrote:

> [...]
>
>I doubt the performance matters for init code, unless there's a CPU
>fault for every single floating point operation in which case the
>float version would be very slow. I'm in favor of removing as much
>float code as possible, but that's just MHO.
>
>Rich

The fixedpoint init patch made code harder to read with no real
advantage. If the rest of the code is converted to fixedpoint the patch
could be resurected.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson

--
"incorrect information" is an oxymoron. Information is, by definition, factual, correct.